At Faith, we believe in and live by the teachings of God’s Word – the Bible. Below are the key teachings that define our church:
We believe the Holy Bible (from Genesis to Revelation) is a supernatural book, written by God through men whom He moved to pen His words (called inspiration). We believe it is infallible, unchanging, preserved by God, and without error. Everything we teach, preach, and advocate comes from this amazing Book.
– Isaiah 40:8 | II Timothy 3:16-17 | II Peter 1:19-21 | Psalm 119:89; 105; 160 | John 17:17
We believe that there is only one true God who exists in three distinct Persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Each is equal in divinity, authority, and sovereignty, and each has a different role He performs in the work of redeeming mankind from sin.
– Deuteronomy 6:4 | Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19 | I Corinthians 8:6
We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternally existent God the Son; that He willingly left the glories of heaven; that He was physically born of a virgin and took on the form of a man; that He lived a perfect, sinless life; that He willingly died on a cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for mankind’s sins; that He bodily rose again three days later; that He ascended back to heaven; and that He will one day literally return for those who place their faith in Him. We believe that He provides the only way by which sinful mankind can enter the presence of a holy God.
– Isaiah 7:14; 53:1-12 | Matthew 1:18-25 | Luke 1:30-35; 24:1-53 | John 1:1-15; 14:6 | Acts 1:9-11 | Romans 5:8-10 | I Corinthians 15:3-4 | II Corinthians 5:19-21 | Galatians 1:3-4 | Philippians 2:5-8 | Hebrews 1:2-3 | I Peter 3:18 | I John 5:20
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person – equal with the Father and Son and of the same nature – who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment; that He bears witness to the truth of the Gospel message; that He is the supernatural agent in the new birth; and that He indwells, guides, and seals believers until the day of redemption.
– John 3:5-6; 14:16-17, 26; 16:8-11, 13 | Acts 5:30-32 | Romans 8:9, 14, 16, 26-27 | Ephesians 1:13-14
We believe that man was created in God’s image but fell because of sin (rebellion against God). Thus, we all inherited a sinful nature, physical death, and alienation from God. We believe that man is totally unable to rescue himself from this lost condition and the eternal separation from God that resulted from sin. However, he does possess the free will to accept or reject God’s call to salvation. This salvation is the gift of God offered to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins.
– Genesis 3:1-19 | John 1:12; 3:16 | Romans 3:10-23; 5:8-12; 6:23 | Ephesians 2:1-10 | I Peter 3:18
We believe that the local church is a congregation of believers who have been baptized by immersion and are banded together for edification and evangelism. We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control. We believe water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are its only scriptural ordinances, and that pastors and deacons are its scriptural officers.
– Matthew 28:19-20 | Acts 2:41-42 | I Corinthians 11:23-28 | Ephesians 5:25-27 | I Timothy 3:1-13
Jesus' Second Coming
We believe that Jesus Christ Himself will come again in the air to catch up all true believers to reward their service to Him. The unbelievers left behind will go through a period called the Tribulation, after which Christ will return to earth to set up His kingdom of 1,000 years of righteous rule. After this, the unbelievers of all ages will stand at the Great White Throne to be judged and cast into the lake of fire, separated from God forever. Believers will spend eternity in the fullness of joy in heaven with the Lord.
– Matthew 24:29-42 | I Corinthians 15:51-52 | I Thessalonians 4:16-18 | Revelation 19:11-20:13