Welcome to the WIRED Student Ministry at Faith. All students in grades 6 – 12 are invited to join us each week for a time of Bible study that is geared toward growing our youth into disciples of Jesus. We have a variety of ways for students to serve God and others both in the church and the community.
Students meet Sunday mornings at 10am for a time of Bible study, then join the adults in the Worship service at 11am. On Wednesdays, we gather at 7pm for a more relaxed time of study and fellowship.
Sunday School ~ 10am
Wednesday Night ~ 7pm
The word “WIRED” is actually an acronym and statement of the purpose of our group:
We’re Into Recreation, Evangelism, & Discipleship.
This belief is derived from a model we see in the early church in Acts 2:42-47.
Recreation – Acts 2:46
- Promotes fellowship
- Fellowship is a cornerstone of the church because it promotes a spirit of community
- Involvement is essential and is key to growth
- Recreation gives us an opportunity to invite our lost friends to experience the love of God’s people in an environment that is not “too churchy”
Evangelism – Acts 2:47
- Evangelism must move off the fringe and into the very center of what we do
- We must become more concerned about the lost of this world
- We must evangelize, not simply because the lost are dying and going to hell, but also because being evangelistic shows that we have the heart of God.
Discipleship – Acts 2:42
- God does not want us to be ignorant regarding the basics of our faith
- Jesus’ command: “…teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you…”, is a commission to train
- Discipleship ensures that the faith is being spread and that the Gospel is being handed down from person to person
- Proper discipleship results in proper evangelism